Nicole joined Axis Legal in 2008. She was admitted as a solicitor in 1994 and has more than 15 years' experience as both lawyer, and as a business owner.
It is against this unique background that Nicole gives clients legal advice that makes commercial sense to companies and individuals, whether they are established, start-ups or creatives. Nicole's advice extends to general commercial and intellectual property issues and entertainment and media law.
Nicole previously worked in national law firms in both Perth and Sydney, as well as with the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA). She has 'hands on' IT and business experience. In 2000, after studying IT part-time, Nicole left the law to work for a cutting edge mobile software technology company in the role of contracts negotiator, business analyst and account manager. During this time she managed clients such as large telecommunications companies, content providers and mobile gaming companies.
In 2002, Nicole co-founded After8 Games Pty Ltd, which was successfully sold 3 years later. This experience gave her insights into running a company and what is required for the successful commercialisation of products and intellectual property that many lawyers do not have.
Nicole also has experience on the production side of the film industry, giving her a unique insight into the pitfalls of entertainment contracts.
In particular, Nicole advises on:
- commercialisation and licensing
- web and mobile app development and content agreements, privacy and spam
- shareholders agreements, supply and distribution agreements, sale of business agreements
- entertainment and media agreements
- negotiation and preparation of IT contracts, technology procurement, outsourcing and SaaS agreements
- acquisition and integration of IT, software and developments
- preparation of general commercial agreements
Nicole's invaluable experience as a lawyer, IT professional and business owner means she fully understands your business requirements and you can be sure of realistic, commercial and relevant legal advice.
- Australian Interactive Multimedia Industry Association (AIMIA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA))
- American Chamber of Commerce